12 Feb How to Dress Up Your About Page
Now that your website has killer page titles thanks to our previous blog post; it’s time to get creative with the content on those pages. Let’s talk about your About page. This is the page where you showcase your business and your team members. You want to let the world know how awesome everyone is and why they should choose you over competitors! Think of the people who are visiting your About page. What do they want to know?
Here’s some tips to make sure your About page IS all that and a bag of chips.
- Stick with facts, not hype
- Seek to build trust
- Get specific and avoid bold claims
- Express your values
- Create a connection
- List certifications, awards and credentials
- Be interesting
You also want to make sure visitors can gain insight on your business as a whole. They seek answers to questions like these:
- How long have you been in business?
- Where are you located?
- Are you a large or small company?
- What makes your company more special than others?
- What are your core values and mission?
- Why should I do business with you?
If you can look at your About page and answer these questions – then congrats, you’re doing great! If not, then you may want to reevaluate the content you are providing to your website visitors.