14 Nov Designing a Logo 101
When you think of a brand’s logo, what do you see? Is it two golden arches? A simple swoosh on a pair of shoes? Or maybe it’s an apple with a chunk missing? The main component that these all have in common is the fact that you probably know exactly who is represented by each one. These companies have three things in common when it comes to their brand and logo: simplicity, consistency and consumer loyalty. It makes sense considering your logo is the first thing your potential customers notice about your business.
Designing a logo may seem like an easy task… who doesn’t like being creative, right?! Well, a lot more goes into designing a logo than you may think. A logo is more than just pretty fonts, striking colors and fun graphics. Logo creation demands critical thinking, creative input and methodical planning.
Here are some things to consider when designing your logo:
- Know your audience – research who you are trying to resonate with
- Use a grid to create a perfect design – this will make your design put together, cohesive and timeless
- Make your design versatile – make sure it looks good everywhere, like on banners or t-shirts, etc.
- Pick your fonts carefully – keep it readable, simple and classy
- Use a maximum of two fonts – there are exceptions to this rule
- Tell a story – express the meaning of your brand
- Think about the space around your logo – this is your exclusion zone to protect your logo’s integrity
- Keep up with trends – remember your logo may need to be updated in the future to stay relevant
- Call an expert at TechKnow Solutions – we do logo designs every day! Give us a call and let us help you create the perfect design for your brand.