Using Outlook Easy Setup
If you are using a PC and you intend to use Outlook® to send and receive email, and your domain is registered with us we recommend you enable Outlook Easy Setup in the Server Settings for your domain before attempting to set up your email.
The Outlook Easy Setup feature creates an “autodiscover” entry under your SRV (Service) record in your domain’s Zone file. This record includes all the information Outlook needs to allow you to set up your email account, such as host name and port number.
NOTE: If you registered your domain with another registrar, or you are hosting with or using the DNS of another party, you cannot take advantage of this feature. Also, this feature is not compatible with Mac®.
To Enable Outlook Easy Setup
- Log in to your Account Manager.
- Click Email. The Workspace Control Center opens.
- From the Tools menu or the Task Shortcuts list, select Server Settings. The Settings window displays.
- From the Domain list, select the domain you want to enable.
- Under Outlook Easy Setup, click the On/Off toggle to switch the feature on. Our system creates an SRV (Service) Record in your domain’s Zone file.
Now, when you set up your email in Outlook, all you need to do is enter your username and password, and the SRV record does the rest.
To Set up Outlook using Outlook Easy Setup
NOTE: Before you can use Outlook Easy Setup, you must first enable this feature for your domain from the Workspace Control Center. If you have not already done so, see Enabling Outlook Easy Setup, above.
- Open Outlook.
- Create a new Email account.
- In Outlook 2007, from the Tools menu, select Account Settings, and then click New.
- In Outlook 2010, from the File menu, select Add Account.
- Enter your email account information. This process may be slightly different for various versions of Outlook. For Outlook 2007 or 2010:
- If it is selected, uncheck Manually configure server settings or additional server types, and then click Next.
- Enter your email username. Your email username is your email address.
- Enter and re-enter your email account password.
- Click Next.
- If a dialog displays asking you to Allow this website to configure email@example.com server settings, click Allow.
- Once configuration of your email address is complete, you can click Add another account to create another email address for this domain, or click Finish.
Your Outlook account is now set up! Log in to your Outlook account to send and check for received messages.