Setting up Office 365 in Thunderbird
Mozilla Thunderbird® and your Office 365 account from Go Daddy make a powerful pair. Thunderbird was meant to make managing emails easier, and with Office 365, you’ll see why.
Setting up Office 365 in Thunderbird only takes a few minutes, so follow these steps and your email will be up and running in no time.
To Automatically Set Up Office 365 Email in Mozilla Thunderbird
- In Thunderbird, click on your existing email account to pull up Thunderbird Mail Settings.
- In the Accounts section, click Email, and then click Skip this and use my existing email.
- In Mail Account Setup, enter the following information, and then click Continue:
- Your Name — The name that you want to appear on the “From” line in your outgoing messages
- Email Address — Your email address
- Password — Your password
NOTE: After Thunderbird finds the settings you need to configure your account, you need to manually configure the Server’s hostname in order to setup your account successfully.
- To configure your hostname, click Manual Config, and then enter the following information:
- Incoming Server hostname — outlook.office365.com
- Outgoing Server hostname — smtp.office365.com
- Click Re-test, and then click Done.
You’re all done! Now you can enjoy your Office 365 Email account in Thunderbird.