Setting up Office 365 in OWA on an iPhone or iPod
NOTE: Before you can set up Office 365 on your device, you must dowload the OWA app from your device’s app store.
OWA for iOS Devices was designed to give you the best Office 365 experience possible. The OWA mobile app offers the same email, calendar and contact functionality you get in Outlook Web App on the browser, but with additional capabilities that are only possible through native integration of the app with mobile devices. These features include:
- Stored credentials so you are automatically logged into the app.
- Push notifications that actively notify you of new email.
- Meeting reminders that pop up even when the app is closed.
- Voice activated actions like scheduling a meeting or sending email.
- Contact sync so that OWA contacts are recognized by the iPhone’s caller ID function.
Setting up your Office 365 account in OWA for iOS Devices is as easy as 1-2-3. So sit back, relax, follow these steps, and you will be managing your Office 365 account like a pro in minutes.
NOTE: In order to use OWA on your iOS device you will need an iPhone 4S or higher and an iPad 2 or higher running iOS 6 or higher.
To Setup Office 365 in OWA on Your iOS Device
- If this is your first time using OWA, click Continue.
- Enter the following information:
- Email Address — Your email address.
- Password — Your password.
- Click Sign In.
That’s it! OWA will automatically configure the settings for your account and provide a brief tutorial with details on how to use the additional features. Now you are ready to be a master of digital communication.