Setting up Office 365 in Outlook
Now that you can get into your account, let’s set up your email account in Outlook®. Don’t worry, it’s really easy to do. With just a few simple instructions, you’ll be on your way to answering your email in Outlook any time you need to. So, let’s get started.
To Set Up Outlook on Your PC
NOTE: If you’re using Outlook 2007 or 2010, you need to run Office 365’s desktop setup first. For information on how to do that, go here. In these instructions, we used Outlook 2013 to set up email, but your email will work with most versions of Outlook.
- If you are setting up your first email account in Outlook:
- Click Start.
- Select All Programs, and then click Outlook 2013.
- In the Welcome to Outlook 2013 window, click Next.
- In the Microsoft Account Setup window, select Yes, and then click Next.
- If you already have Outlook set up with another email account:
- In Outlook, click File.
- Click Add Account.
- In the Add Account window, select E-mail Account, enter the necessary information, and then click Next.
- Once Outlook is done configuring your account, click Finish.
To Set Up Outlook on Your Mac
- Launch Outlook.
- Click Tools, and then Accounts…
- In the Startup Wizard, click Next. If the Startup Wizard doesn’t automatically display, from the Tools menu, select Accounts, click +, and then select Exchange.
- Enter your email address and password.
- Select Configure automatically, and then click Add Account.
- Click Allow. You’re all set!