Updating Outlook 2007 and 2010 to Work with Office 365
Office 365 email addresses can be set up with Outlook 2007 and Outlook 2010 the same way you would set up Outlook 2013. However, before setting up the address in these older versions, the clients need to be updated to support Office 365. There is a handy tool to complete this process right inside of Outlook Web Access (OWA).
To Update Outlook 2007 and 2010 to Work with Office 365
- Log in to your email address by going to email.coolexample.com, where coolexample.com is your domain.
- Click the Gear icon in the upper right, and then click Office 365 settings.
- Click Software on the left, then click Desktop Setup.
- Click the Setup button, and open the file that downloads.
- Sign in to your Office 365 address.
- Click Continue, then click I accept.
- When the updates have completed, click Finish.
Once the update has completed, you should be able to set up your Outlook 2007/2010 without issue.