Setting up Office 365 Email on Your Android Device
Now that you got the coolest productivity tool on the block (Office 365 from GoDaddy), here’s another reason for you to love it: setting it up on your Android device is a cinch.
There are two ways to set up your Office 365 account on your Android device. Using:
- Android’s built-in Email client
- Microsoft’s Office Mobile for Office 365 offered in the Google Play store
Using these instructions, your email should be up and running on your device in about 5 minutes. So, go grab your device and a frosty beverage and let’s get down to business.
Android’s built-in client supports Office 365 and provides simple integration with your other productivity tools.
To Set Up Email on Your Android Phone or Tablet
- From the Home screen, tap the Application button.
- Tap Email.
- Tap Exchange account.
- Tap Exchange.
- Complete the following fields, and then tap Next:
- Domain \ username: Enter \[your email address] — i.e. a backslash followed by your email address (for example,\firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Password: enter your account’s password.
- Exchange Server: Type outlook.office365.com for your server name.
Piece of cake, right? One last thing, on your device, go to Mail. To make sure you can send messages, go ahead and compose an email and send it to yourself.Select the Account options of your choice, and then tap Next.
Select the settings of your choice under Set up email, and then tap Done.
Microsoft offers Office Mobile for Office 365 accounts through the Google Play store.
To Set Up Office Mobile for Your Office 365 Email
- Install Office Mobile, and then open it.
- Tap the arrow in the bottom-right until you reach the Activate screen, and then tap Get started.
- Enter your email address, and then tap Next.
- If the option displays itself, tap that your email address is using a Microsoft Account.
- Enter your password, and then tap Sign in.
You should be all set! In addition to having world-class email, you can also use the power of your other Office 365 productivity tools, like accessing all the documents in your OneDrive from wherever you are.